Trucking Insurance in Chester and Stony Point, NY
Welcome to the Morais Agency, your trusted source for trucking insurance in Chester and Stony Point, New York. We understand the unique risks and requirements faced by trucking companies and owner-operators and strive to provide expert advice tailored to the trucking industry.
All owner-operators and trucking companies must carry commercial auto insurance with adequate liability coverage. This insurance helps protect the owner-operator or motor carrier from liability lawsuits if the truck driver causes an accident resulting in third-party injuries or property damage.
Contact us today to learn more about the commercial truck insurance your organization needs and get a personalized quote.
Why Do Truck Drivers Need Commercial Truck Insurance?
Federal law requires motor carriers and owner-operators to purchase public liability insurance for their DOT-regulated commercial motor vehicles. However, regardless of DOT regulations, most states require all tractor trailers to have commercial auto coverage, even for leased units. Your options for commercial truck depend on the needs of your trucking business, the truck driver and the type of goods you haul.
Commercial Trucking Insurance Coverage
The liability insurance portion of a trucking insurance policy helps pay for third-party injuries and property damage caused by the truck driver. With a commercial liability policy, there are two types of liability coverage:
- Bodily injury liability insurance helps cover medical bills if other people involved in the accident are injured and the tractor trailer driver is at fault.
- Property damage liability insurance helps pay to repair or replace someone else’s property after an accident caused by a commercial truck driver.
An independent insurance agent can help you determine which types and amounts of insurance may best serve your trucking business. They can help you choose from several commercial truck insurance providers. Your agent may also recommend additional commercial truck policies to help protect your business.
Other coverages under commercial auto insurance include:
- Comprehensive insurance. This coverage may help pay for damages to the tractor trailer unrelated to an accident, such as weather damage, fire or vandalism.
- Collision insurance. This policy may help repair or replace the tractor trailer after an accident.
- Medical payments. This coverage may help cover medical bills up to a specific dollar limit if a passenger or the tractor trailer driver is injured in an accident. It could also cover lost income.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance. This policy may help pay to repair or replace a tractor trailer after an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured third party.
What Types of Commercial Truck Insurance Are Available for Tractor Trailer Drivers?
Your agent may recommend the following additional commercial trucking insurance policies, depending on your situation:
- Trailer interchange. This policy helps pay to repair or replace a trailer when someone other than the owner uses it.
- Bobtail. This policy helps cover damages caused when the truck does not have a trailer attached
- Cargo insurance. This policy helps cover financial loss incurred from damaged or lost cargo.
Trucking Insurance Options
Trucking insurance is a specialized field with unique requirements dictated by various federal and state regulations. It’s crucial to consult with an experienced agent who understands these complexities. Our experts can help you understand what’s required for your business. We offer one-on-one consultations to understand your situation and provide the best recommendations.
Depending on your situation, our agents may recommend the following core coverages:
- Liability insurance is required by state and federal regulations. This coverage is essential for covering damages or injuries to other people caused by your trucking operations up to the policy’s limits.
- Physical damage coverage may include comprehensive and collision coverage to help protect your equipment and vehicles.
Your agent may recommend numerous other policies and endorsements, including the following:
- Cargo insurance
- Nontrucking liability
- Trailer interchange
- Bobtail insurance
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Environmental and pollution liability
- Workers’ compensation
- Reefer breakdown coverage
- Rental reimbursement with downtime
- Garage liability insurance
Get the Trucking Insurance You Need Today
At Morais Agency, we understand that tractor trailer owners and drivers have specific insurance needs. Contact us today to learn more about how insurance can help provide financial protection for your trucking operation and to get a quote for truck insurance.