Auto Insurance in Chester, New York
Car insurance is a must-have for drivers in New York, as it helps to protect you financially in the event of an accident.
Contact Paul A Morais in Chester, New York, to learn more about your car insurance options.
What Is Car Insurance?
Car insurance provides financial protection in the event of an accident, theft, or other damage to your vehicle according to the policy’s terms. In New York, drivers must purchase certain types of auto insurance coverage.
What Does Car Insurance Cover?
New York requires all drivers to carry the following coverages to register a vehicle and get license plates:
- Liability insurance may help cover the cost of third-party property damage or injuries.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage may help pay for medical expenses and lost wages if you are injured in a car accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Uninsured motorists coverage may help cover injuries to you, your family or passengers in a hit-and-run accident or an accident with a driver who does not have liability insurance coverage.
Car insurance policies can cover many risks, depending on your coverage type. It’s important to note that liability insurance does not cover damage to your vehicle.
In addition to liability insurance, there are several other types of car insurance coverage that you may want to consider, including:
- Collision coverage may help pay for damage to your vehicle if you are involved in a collision with another car or object.
- Comprehensive coverage may help pay for damage to your vehicle caused by theft, vandalism or natural disasters.
- Guaranteed asset protection (GAP) insurance may help pay off your loan or lease after a covered accident if your vehicle is a total loss.
How Does Car Insurance Work?
When you purchase car insurance in New York, you will pay a premium to the insurance company. In exchange, the insurance company agrees to provide coverage for any eligible claims you may have according to the policy’s terms.
If you are involved in an accident, or your vehicle is stolen, you must file a claim with your insurance company. This typically involves providing the insurance company with information about the accident or theft and any documentation or evidence supporting your claim.
The insurance company will review your claim and determine whether it is eligible for coverage under your policy. If it is, the insurance company may pay for the damages directly or reimburse you for the cost of repairs or replacement.
How to Get Auto Insurance
Morais Agency is committed to helping you find a policy to fit your specific needs. Reach out to us today to start the conversation or to get a quote.